Sunday, January 14, 2007

Freezing

 OK, ITS SOOO cold in my house!  I bought five space heaters when dad was out here but it hardly helps, this morning it was 53 degrees in my bathroom, do you know how that tile feels on your feet????  I know missouri is having ice storms but man its freezing in my house.  I lost like 30 pounds in the hospital so i have no meat to keep me warm anymore, im always freezing, ive never layered my clothes either but now I am long sleeve tees and all.  Coats and scarves, I cant wait for summer!!!  I think I lose so much heat from my burns the rest of me freezes.
 
Im sleeping much better everynight, hardly any dreams so im much better rested.  I found I stare at the clock in the evening worrying about what time it is and how late i am up and how long til i have to go to bed, so we covered up the clock so i cant stare at it, keeps me much calmer.  My leg is still numb, however it cramps from time to time.  But I must say my hands look wonderful.  Friday at occupational therapy I ran into Walt Templeton, who was standing next to me during the accident and he has skin grafts and man am i lucky his hands looked much worse than mine.  I hate to say that but it is how i feel.  He also has burns on his arm where his uniform was blown off and a burn on his leg.  We talked for a while and he said i had my hands in the cabinet which i didnt remember, so I continue to piece things together.  All in all it was good to see him and Im glad he is doing well.
 
Im not taking Ativan anymore, since last tueday so that is good.  It was the medicine Ive been trying to get off of since i was in Paradise Valley. However i have started the double dose of effexor, i think it makes my jittery and im wondering if i should just take one like i was the first week, but until i see the doctors i will keep up the dosage.  It is an anti-anxiety medication also.  I continue to use the ambien to sleep, but Im thinking of weening off of that also.  The last few nights ive been so alert at night though its the only thing that calms me down.
 
Well thats it for now my email address is PJNAVY25@aol.com  I know aunt elma is online now and its easier for me to email than write a letter.  Have a good week.
 
PJ
 
 

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is cold as hell today. I slipped on ICE on the sidewalk this morning. ICE!!! Where do we live?