Wednesday, January 10, 2007

7:30 AM

 Well this morning I slept until 730am, i was awakened by Tori on the phone.  It was my third night without chasing dreams and I dont remember tossing and turning at all.  I feel very well rested.
 
Last night we enjoyed restaurant week here in San Diego, (once a year you can try the best restaurants for a set 3-4 course meal for 30-40 dollars)  Larry, Lynette, heather, Romel, Robert, My coworker becky, her sister and fiance and I all went to Rainwater's on Kettner.  It is one of the top ranked restaurants in the country and boy did it hold up to that reputation.  I had prime rib and man was it amazing.  From the portuguese soup, to the berry dessert, it was really a good time.
 
I am driving again, as much as my mom probably doesnt like it, I had to start again sometime.  I dont go alone and it feels good to be in control (im a control freak) again.
 
I had neurology yesterday and after getting pricked by a safety pin, which much of the time I couldnt feel, the doctor showed me right out of a book the exact nerve I have pinched.  He said it should work itself out and if not, then we would do electric shock testing in 4-6 weeks.  My hands continue to heal and my right hand looks almost normal.  There are no bad spots on my ear and my trach hole is healing like a belly button, I may have an "outy" on my neck soon.
 
Well that is all for now, just killing time, I have Occupational therapy today at 310 with a really good therapist who gives an awesome back rub. I can't wait.
 
Love
PJ

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PJ, it's great to hear your doing so good. Let me know when your up for some more portuguese soup and I'll join you. Keep it up.

Paul & Sue

Unknown said...

PJ,
Good to hear sleep is coming easier to you. That will help a bunch in getting a handle on the anxiety for sure. Eddie B and I are going to have a ton of fun keeping you busy next week. Ed will be in charge of shopping and clubbing while Mike and I will take care of the fresh air (if there is any in California). We are going to do walks in Balboa Park and the beach. Can't wait to see you mang.
Take care,

Rich

Anonymous said...

Seriously?? You should not be writing about your numb leg AND driving in the same blog update! THAT is exactly why I won't get in the car with you! Dinner was great huh? I think I am still full!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pj
It sounds like you had a wonderful dinner. Let us know when you are ready to go again.
Your progress is amazing.
Call us if you would like to have lunch this weekend.
858-592-7822
Kev & Di Spieldenner

Anonymous said...

PJ,

Glad to hear you're doing so good, keep it up. Hey if you get a chance shoot me an email.

Take Care,

Craig
craig.a.pringle@intel.com