Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Give the boy a menu...

Well, Peej has moved on to berry Jello and thinks it is good. He is drinking through a straw well, we tried the regular drinking thing and that didn't go so well...so for now...a straw it is!

It seems he got a little uncooperative this afternoon but the nurses figured out the temper tantrums parallel a medication they were giving him everyday at noon to stimulate the abdominal tract to contract. Those should subside as they don't think he needs that particular medication anymore. And when I say "temper tantrum" I mean "full on two year old temper tantrum". Yesterday he straightened out his legs, slapped them on the bed, as well as both arms and grunted....just like a toddler. Tonight though he was calm, cooperative to verbal requests and even smiled more. He is still a confused but I can tell he is putting more and more together. He remembers things for more than 30 seconds and even apologized tonight for "fighting with Big Guy and the nurse this afternoon". So that is great progress. He remembered I was there earlier and asked if I picked up my daughters (which I told him I needed to do), so he is starting to put small things together.

The nurse said tonight they were transferring him tomorrow to the Naval Hospital but the charge nurse said that is probably not likely to happen. I will call in the morning before I head up there and if there is any news I will update before I leave. Other than that, I will probably not update the blog until 1 or 2 California time (I have some last minute shopping and my husband is coming home on the ship tomorrow). You know, the ship Peej still thinks he is on most of the time.

Have a great day, hug all your people, and remember what the Season is really about!

Lynette

2 comments:

Grandma Dunn said...

PJ so happy to hear you are doing
better. Love You, Grandma Dunn
Lynette, thank you for everything you do,keeping us updated on PJ,and watching over him.Hope to meet you someday and thank you in person.you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas.

The Boni Family said...

Tell Pie Eye Merry Christmas from us. I know this is not how he wants to spend it but I am so glad he is doing so well. THANK YOU so much Lynette for keeping us updated and Merry Christmas to you and Big Guy!!!!!

Kelli, Jason, Gabe, Ethan, and Miss Dani