Monday, January 29, 2007

Long Time

 Sorry its been awhile since I posted, i don't have any excuse other than getting into my normal daily routine.  I dont think I will post very often as things get back to normal and I will be retunring to work soon.  i have been released from my physical/occupational therapy and now am under the ships surgeon direction.  He will decide when I can return to work.  I am also still taking Effexor which may prohibit me from doing some things on the ship.  My job is very regulated and they may not let me be on watch or even in the reactor plant while Im on that medication.  The ship is looking into that now. 
 
My brother was here this week and he flew out about an hour ago to return home.  i am ok by myself as I can do just about everything I did before.  My hands and legs are not as strong as they used to be yet but everyday they get stronger.  I am able to open my medications and bottles of water, two things that were kicking my ass before.  I also recieved my compression gloves today and started the 6 months to a year that I will be wearing them.  The new skin on my hands is like scar tissue so it grows in thicker, the compression gloves helps to prevent thickening of the skin which would make them harder to bend and stretch.
 
I still am planning on being home Feb 17-mar 5, and my work has been awesome with working around all that has happened to make sure I get back to 100% before I return to work. 
 
Like I said before my family has been unbelievable as well as my friends through all of this, and I couldnt have asked for more.  I will not be blogging much as its time to close this chapter.  Anyone and everyone is welcome to email me directly at my primary email of PJNAVY25@aol.
 
LOVE
 
PJ

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Can't wait to see you brother!