Friday, December 22, 2006

Pack up the Gravy Train...PJ is on the move.

PJ is on the move. He is leaving the ICU and the hospital all together today, and heading to the Rehab facility. They will be transporting him today at 2:30 Pacific time to his new place of residence and the next stop before he gets to return home. After a conversation with Lynette today, she told me that PJ FED HIMSELF TODAY. He is still a bit off becuase of the medication, but he fed himself none the less. All he did was ask for help to open his sherbert and he did the rest himself. He told her today that he feels like his eyes are 30 degrees off. He said that he can see fine, but everything is 30 degrees off. Judging by the way he was trying to get his Sherbert, Lynette told me he may not be far off on that assessment.

He also thinks he is funny (Like that isn't the case when he is not on medication!). Lynette was peeling away the dead skin on his hands the way the nurses told her and he said, "Hey what are you doing?" She asked him if it hurt, and he said "I'll tell you if it hurts, I may smack you by doing it, but I will tell you if you hurt me." He then told Lynette, "Where is the nurse, that was a funny joke and he wasn't even in here to hear it!" Ahh the same old PJ!

She also said that he was much more coherent and agreeable this morning than he has been in the past. He is slowly coming around, and becoming more aware of what is going on. The move should be a good thing for him, if anything it changes his environment which is something that he needs right now. Dad is on his way down there, I told him to call me with updates so that I can update everyone. Everyday is something new and exciting, and we are getting closer to having PJ back the way we all know and love him.

Thanks for the thoughts. Have a blessed holiday and make sure you hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.

Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say...as far as lunch went, I use the word "food" lightly. PJ and I decided it was some form of meat product but he did say it was good!

May the days of this season be celebrated with both Family and Joy ~~ And may the two be intertwined.

Anonymous said...

When I got to the hospital today I was met with this bright eyed ear to ear grining boy who was yelling as loud as he could, which was pretty loud today, "HEY ITS MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD BIG BUY" I was almost in tears. we all know that I have been getting not so kind remarks from him since I won't let him out of the bed/hospital. It was a good start to a great day. So I can verify that the food was of qestionable origins. when I got there I looked under the food lid and could not tell what it was...and I am a chef. So the big move went really good today. I got to the hospital right after lynette left. We got all his stuff together and waited for the transport guys to come. PJ was is such good spirits. He understood that he was going to a rehab place and not home yet...all in good time I said. Romel and I went with him to the rehab center. I went in the ambulance and Romel followed. Got him all signed in and talked with some of the PT gals. By the time we got him there and all he was pretty wiped out. These PT gals are gonna really work him good. I am not sure he is gonna know what hit him when he wakes up in the morning. If I know PJ he is not going to be there for long. Once he knows what he needs to do to get out of there and home, he will do it double time and check out. I told him this ain't the Holiday inn, so buckup shipmate and get the job done.

I am just so proud of the progress he is made in just the last couple of days. He is a true miracle, and I am blessed and a better, stronger person with him in my life.
My love to you all...and happy holiday's - Steve (Big Guy)