Wednesday, November 29, 2006

11/29 Evening Post from Chris

Just returned from a very nice 3 hour visit with PJ. PJ had a rough evening last night, his respiration was not doing what they would have wanted it to do. Having said that, he had a much better day. So his lung volume (?) was over 800 all day, which is good. In fact they changed the pressure from 15 to 14 while I was there, which is also a good thing. His fever was mild all day 100.4, but when I left it was creeping up to 102.4 so getting a bit high. His oxygen level is 40 % which is what we want with his oxygen level in his body was at 98% when I left. He is still in the space bed spinning on his belly for 3 hours and on his back 2 hours. If he can have a good evening tonight, finger's crossed, they will take him off of the spinning bed and start to cut back the medicine that is paralyzing him.

Keep your fingers crossed, and keep those thoughts and prayers coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Chris, sorry I missed you today. I tried to wait but I was just had to get something to eat! PJ looked great again today didn't he?!!! It seems like the swelling keeps going down little by little. Even though his glucose keep teeter tottering they said this afternoon that was normal with the antibiotics. Glad you are here. Hope to see you tomorrow and I look forward to having another good day in PJ world. - Lynette

Chris Meyerpeter said...

I should be there much earlier today than yesterday. With work I was not able to get there until 4 PM. Today I should be up there a bit after 1 PM.