Wednesday, December 6, 2006

I almost killed PJ...... Twice!

Just kidding. PJ received his tracheotomy today and given everything that he went through today, he did pretty darn good. While I was up there, I actually knocked the trach tube off twice while I was rubbing his arms. I had actually seen the nurse do it so I knew what to do. I was FREAKING OUT on the inside, but on the outside I was my old calm collected self. He did well today other than a brief episode of desaturation this morning. He was trached and bronched and CPT'd (which I really don't know what that is) and still had a good day of breathing. When I talked to the doctor today, he said that his lungs are healing, but it will take a little while. While they don't think it will be months, it won't just be days either. So we are still in the waiting game. So I entertained myself this evening by watching him blow large snot bubbles out of his nose as he rested. It was a wonderful sight to see, in fact at one point while the nurse was out Lynnette told me to suction it out. So I did! I got to use the small vacuum machine and sucked out a nice long spaghetti booger out of his nose. That was the highlight of my evening. It was a good day in PJ land today, and we need more of those.

I also got to see his entire right hand tonight and it looked great. He may have a few small scars, but nothing significant. He is moving along nicely with his burns. I decided that I am going to be flying out on Sunday with my Dad. Heather will take the reins here and keep us all updated.

Hug your loved ones, and tell them you love them!

Chris

7 comments:

Erin said...

So I am kind of jealous, I wish I could suck a big spaghetti booger out of PJ's nose! Think of all the fun stories we can rub in his face for years to come. (We love you PJ).

Erin

Anonymous said...

Maybe that was the booger that was been giving Pj the sounds of sleep apnea all these years. I swear he died a couple of nights on the ship. It used to freak me out!

Anonymous said...

Okay why do I have to be blamed for you sucking out the booger? LOL It was funny though, it truly wouldn't end would it. In all fairness, though we did laugh at his excretions - we lovingly cooled him off for quite a while with cool wash cloths. We weren't ALL bad. I wonder if you get certified in suctining Chris? You did an amazing job! PJ will be proud.

Jackie said...

What are big brothers for but to keep little brothers cleaned out.

Keep up the good work but watch the trach please.

Mom

Heather Holmes said...

I cant' WAIT to get out there! You are NOT going to have all the fun!

The Boni Family said...

I'm with Erin ... totally jealous!!! I want stuff to hold over Pie Eye in years to come ... grrrrr. Hugs

Jason, Kelli, Gabe, Ethan, and Miss Dani

Anonymous said...

OK , CHRIS THAT WAS A GREAT ENDEAVOR!! I'M AT WORK 7 PM AND WHEN I READ YOUR NOTE ABOUT THE SPAGHETTI BOOGER I ALMOST WET MY PANTS AND MY PT SAW ME LAUGHING SO HARD,,,BUSTED!!!! HA HA NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I DEAL WITH EVERYDAY. WHAT A GREAT JOB HUH. ERIN IS SOOOO RIGHT , CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH PJ ABOUT THAT ONE. I REMEMBER WHEN WE HAD 30 SAILORS WITH US IN DUBAI, THEY MUST HAVE ALL HAD SPAGHETTI BOOGERS , I THOUGHT THE ROOF WAS COMING OFF EVERY 2 SECONDS LIKE ON THE CARTOONS. I'M SURE ONE OF THEM WAS PJ. HANG IN THERE, WE'LL SEE YOU SOON HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT.