Friday, December 29, 2006

home

 Well we hit my goal.  I wanted to be home by friday, and I am I made some phone calls wednesday about 3 pm and stirred up the pot to put pressure on the doctors to get the Trachiotomty out and then get me released.  To say they were not Happy would be an underrstatement ; the Navy LT Hutton from Nimitz  especially was able to do in 2 hours what they couldnt do in 6 days.  Dad laughed at me cause i made one phone call and the phones were ringing off the hook.
 
so yesterday morning at 0630 i was dismissed from the rehab hospital to go to balboa hosp for Trach removal.  At the  general surgery clinic, DR. Kinsir had already set up with ENT clinic to pull it out, after much scoping through my nose with a camera.......very weird feeling they verified their was no scar tissue and pulled that LOSER out.  now i have an extra hole in my throat which is healing closed and until then all kinds of fun thins ooze out of it.  i can talk but I have to hold my hand over the bandage where the trach was. 
 
SO then we Met Alfreda Byrd my social worker and a great doctor names shelly williams who i have to go back for followups to get some compression gloves. 
 
I am home and spent the day at Target/SEARS/ lowes yesterday getting all the supplies i need and working on my endurance, nightmares still hound me but im moving forward.
 
LOVE  PJ WHO SLEPT IN HIS OWN BED LAST NIGHT

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Peej, you did it! Just like you said you would. I will see you later. Sheeesh, it has been a loooong month and a half. Try to listen to what the doctors are sayin' I know how stubborn you are!

Happy Home day to you!

kiltsandthistles said...

Congratulations and God Bless! I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers as you continue to recover. Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR (for real)!!!

The Boni Family said...

Happy Homecoming!!!! Please try to take it easy and have fun with Erin and Jackie. Hugs from all of us.

Kelli, Jason, Gabe, Ethan, and Dani

Anonymous said...

Hey PJ, Glad to see that you finally made it home. I'm the nurse that "knocked your trach out" according to your brother, Chris. (I should've just taken it out then for ya then, huh?) :)
Anyway, we from the Burn ICU wish you well. Come back and visit us so we can see you when you are wearing clothes and no diaper! ha ha! ---Grace, RN