Monday, December 25, 2006

FA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA....

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope everyone has had a great holiday. We will see how many get the Title and what it is referring to. I talked to Dad last night, and it appears that PJ was able to make his first trip out on the town last night. PJ was given a 3 hour pass yesterday and was able to go over to Larry and Lynettes for Christmas Eve last night. Dad and PJ were allowed to go over about 6:15 last night and allow PJ to continue in the Christmas Eve tradition that we read about in a previous blog.

PJ is also no longer with a patch over his eye. He was having difficulty focusing with his left eye, so they put a patch over his right eye to allow his muscles to work more and help his eyes to focus. That is no longer the case according to the Christmas Eve report that I received. PJ is also going to be off the Methadone by today if he isn't already. He is still given an anxiety pill, but PJ has said that he hasn't taken that in a while. The doctors are as pleased as they can be with the progress that PJ is making. I am sure that getting to go out last night was a big boost in his spirits!

I was able to talk to him again yesterday, and boy was he busy. He was doing about 6 things at one time and going 100 miles per hour. He was trying to get his laptop fixed, so he would talk to me for a minute and then say, "I can't get the mouse to work!" Then he would say, "How did you like riding in my jeep." Then, "I need to get the drivers for the card." It was great, he was trying to get back into the swing of things and, it seemed, getting a bit frustrated doing it. Then just as quick as the conversation started, it ended. "OK, I am going to go now." I was so happy to get to talk to him, and he sounds like he is doing great!

He is ready for the trach to come out. Dad tells me that the doctors are thinking that Tuesday (Tomorrow) he may get the trach out. He wants that out in the worse possible way. He sounded even stronger yesterday than the day before, and makes great progress every day it appears.

Merry Christmas everyone! I can honestly say this is one of the best Christmas's that we have had in a long time. The kids are having so much fun, and we are really blessed to be where we are. It is sad that sometimes it takes an event like this to make you really appreciate what you have in your life and how fortunate you are. I love you brother, and don't ever doubt that!

Hug your loved ones, and tell them you love them.

Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Chris!! Could you pass the duck???

We so just watched that!

We had SO MUCH FUN last night!! It was great to see PJ out of a hospital! As usual, He and Big Guy had us all laughing all night!

Hug all your people and be Blessed

Lynette, Larry, Brady, Brittany and Lauren

Chris Meyerpeter said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. I will admit I was skeptical of the idea of him going out so soon, but if the doctor said it was ok who am I to argue. He sounded so excited to go and I was really happy to hear that he was going. I know that he enjoyed it so much!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. PJ has a great group of friends out there that I sure am proud to know. You all have been so great.

Chris